Jon Stewart on Romney’s tax returns

25 Jan

Last night’s Daily Show offered a spot-on critique of what Romney’s tax returns reveal about the candidate’s 1-percenter politics. While the Right wing frames its fiscal policies in terms of “individualism,” in effect their positions amount to a regime that favors the rich and chastises the working- and middle-class. Moreover, Romney’s stance on taxes is based on a blatant fiction: GOP-ers claim that 47% of Americans pay no taxes–but the reality is that 86% of Americans pay taxes. The remaining 14% don’t pay taxes because they are elderly or disabled and can’t work.

Watch the video here.

2 Responses to “Jon Stewart on Romney’s tax returns”

  1. Sam S February 13, 2012 at 12:04 am #

    typo on Jon stewart’s name, no further criticism, you guys rock

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: